Inspired through the process of planning her own wedding in 2003, Kelly Balfour established Eventology Weddings. To date, Eventology Weddings has coordinated more than 250 events in the Houston area. The firm’s events have been featured in publications such as The Knot National, The Knot Real Weddings Texas, Southern Weddings, Modern Bride Houston, GetMarried Magazine, Modern Luxury’s Houston Brides, PaperCity Magazine, and Weddings in Houston. They have also had features on Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, and Hostess With the Mostest national blogs.
Eventology Weddings has been voted by local brides The Knot’s Best of Weddings for 2008, 2009, 2011 and most recently in 2012.
The team at Eventology Weddings also ranked second place for 2010 in the category for Houston’s Best Wedding Planner, as voted by KPRC’s CityVoter. The firm also ranked among the TOP 5 in 2009 by Click2HoustonsBest online survey.
In 2007, at the exclusive Before You Say I Do Bridal Soiree, sponsored by Weddings in Houston Magazine, Eventology Weddings was an integral part of the design team that won the Tables by Design award judged by renowned wedding gown designer Amsale and Austin Scarlett (of Project Runway fame).
Read more about Kelly and the services Eventology Weddings provides in this featured Examiner.com article written by Jan Cancila, Houston Bridal Scene Examiner.
Kelly’s vision for Eventology Weddings is simple; she believes that a wedding planner should be:
- Ethical: not receiving finder’s fees or monetary bonuses from other wedding vendors, and always acting in a responsible, professional manner
- Open-minded: catering to each couple’s individual styles and desires, helping to achieve their overall vision
- Enthusiastic: happy to be accompanying brides through this incredibly special time in their lives
- Affordable: even for brides on a seemingly moderate budget
- Friendly: acting not only as a sounding board, but also as a comforting confidant to all of her brides